Non Boat Specific 27, 28, 29. Which to Purchase. Nice family seeks education.

• Thread starter Flint Elgie
  • Start date
F

Flint Elgie

Family seeking to purchase Moody 27, 28 or 29 seeks owner(s) in Solent area to allow us to view in order to choose correct size prior to shopping for family yacht.

We are considerate, clean and will not take much of your time we just hope to find a few examples in the Solent area to help our education upon all things Moody. If you own one could you show it to us?.

Thank you.

Flint Elgie

Mobile: 07813 312653

Hi Flint,

Twelve years ago we were shown a Moody 27.........very nice.......then shown a M30.
Blown away by the space and storage. Despite initial and ill informed reservations over performance we bought the 30 and have enjoyed owning and sailing her.
The secret is to find a well cared for example of whatever takes your fancy.
We are in Brixham but give us a call if you fancy a chat........07969 837934

Regards, Brendan

Family seeking to purchase Moody 27, 28 or 29 seeks owner(s) in Solent area to allow us to view in order to choose correct size prior to shopping for family yacht.

We are considerate, clean and will not take much of your time we just hope to find a few examples in the Solent area to help our education upon all things Moody. If you own one could you show it to us?.

Thank you.

Flint Elgie

Mobile: 07813 312653

Personally I would go for the 28, but I would as I've owned one for 12 years. It has a more modern layout than the 27 and extra room. If it is a young family the 28 is ideal, if they are getting older and bigger, then the 28 can feel a bit cramped. Sailing the 28 is very forgiving and has a safe feel about it. The only thing I don't like is the main sheet track runs across the companion way to the cabin. Little fingers need to be taught to keep away.
Depending on your budget and mooring costs etc a 31 mark two is also a good choice. Very similar to the 28.
Hope this helps
Rgds
Bob Herbert

We started looking at 26 foot boats, then 28, 29, 31 and ended up with a 336. It was mainly down to space and what we thought we might do with it. I think there was also someone else on here recently looking for these sized boats, but from memory there was a lack of one size on the market.

Indeed, this thread I think:

Back