Moody 31 All lines aft

• Thread starter Graham Toy
  • Start date
G

Graham Toy

I am in the market for a Moody 31Mk 1. One of my requirements is that all lines go aft to the cockpit. A potential purchase does not have this feature and confirms 2 mast winches. Does anyone have any experience of making this modification and what it might cost. On a more general approach, Is there anything that you would highlight as something to particularly look out for. I will be instructing a surveyor but all feedback is very welcome.

I am in the market for a Moody 31Mk 1. One of my requirements is that all lines go aft to the cockpit. A potential purchase does not have this feature and confirms 2 mast winches. Does anyone have any experience of making this modification and what it might cost. On a more general approach, Is there anything that you would highlight as something to particularly look out for. I will be instructing a surveyor but all feedback is very welcome.
Hi Graham, I have just made alterations to Capella (M336) to run everything back to the cockpit, including adding spinnaker lines to the mix.

What I did was to remove the starboard deck organiser and add it to the port side by double stacking, then purchasing 2 new organisers to double stack starboard. I removed the old lewmar clutches and replaced with new Spinlock XAS clutches 5 starboard and 6 on the port side.

My Asymetric tack line doubles up as a foreguy for when I pole out the Genoa, which is why I was able to keep things down to 11 lines. I only had 2 reefing points put in my new mainsail.

All parts and new halyards purchased from All Gadget Marine in Exmouth.

Back