Moody DS 54 Buying a new Moody DS 54 or not ?

• Thread starter Pedro Sanchez
  • Start date
P

Pedro Sanchez

Dear all:
I wish to make one of my dreams reality, and buying a new Moody DS 54, to sail with my wife and kids, for not so long periods, and we don’t plan to cross any ocean (as less at the moment).
I was comparing lots of other boats, and the one which catch my eye its the Beneteau Yatch 62, but one thing that for me its critical its the deck salon, specially with non-used-to-sail guests: relaxing or eating while you can see the horizon, its not so easy to get seasick, while inside, non used people can get bad in minutes, so our guest will not return with us.
Also comparing the living space with a catamaran, some around 45’ to 50’, but I think they are not so easy to reach the place in the marinas.
Moody its an expensive boat (mine will be around 1,2 million euros, tax paid), and I want to make sure that my investment its on the right direction, after a life working as hell to prepare my retirement.
I saw ALL youtube videos of the boat, but I would love to hear from some real owners their points of view, your suggestions, what to do or don’t do, and any typ you may consider.
We live in the northwest coast of Spain, next to the border of Portugal, with beautiful bays to be like in a flat in our holidays, so we’ll buy the boat fully loaded of all comfort gadgets and extras.
Thank you very much indeed for your comments and tips, and wish you all a happy and safe winds on the sea.

(PS: sorry for my poor english !)

Pedro

Hello Pedro

My wife Sylvia and I own a Moody Eclipse DS38 which we bought for the same reasons that you are considering the DS54. We wanted a deck saloon to give more pleasant trips for our non-sailing friends and our grand children. This has proved most successful. We also enjoy the benefit of the views whilst moored.
Our son is the UK dealer for Moody and should you wish it he will happily pass on the names of one or two DS54 owners for you to communicate with.

Best regards
Peter Dollin

Peter, thank you very much indeed for your kind answer.
I would really appreciate to have those contacts to ask owners about their point of view.
As me, I’m sure they was also looking for other possibilities or brands, and having his opinion AFTER to have the Moody, for sure will be the most valuable opinion for me.
ALL boats, of all brands are fantastic in brochures and videos, and all of them shows my dream: gorgeous members of a happy family into a paradisiac sunset aboard.
But, whats the REAL feeling after the deal its closed ? Are this boat matching their dreams as they thought?
For me its a crazy big investment, my life savings, its not like buying a pen, thats the reason why I’m so worry to make a mistake with it.
Again, thank you very much, really appreciated your kind offer.
Best regards from Vigo (Spain)

Pedro

Good morning Pedro

If you would like to email our son Phil he will be pleased to forward you some DS54 owners contact details.
phil.dollin@inspirationmarine.co.uk

Best regards, Peter

Dear Peter:

Thank you very much indeed for your kind atention.
I've already sent a mail to your son, asking for it.
Kindest regards

Pedro

Back