Moody 40 (late 90s early 00s) Looking for a Moody 38/40 CC - bow thruster

• Thread starter Diego Reffo
  • Start date
D

Diego Reffo

Hello all,
I'm considering buying a Moody 38 or 40 CC (90's).
Can you please inform me if those models have a bow thruster?
Also, what's the water capacity for the 40 CC?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Cheers!

Diego

Hi Diego,

For information on all models of Moody, including the ones you're considering, you should go to the Moody archive accessed from the Association Home page, To get to the Home page, click on the word Moody, or the burgee, at the head of this page then, to find the archive, scroll down to the bottom and you will see a link on the left side towards the bottom of the page. This will answer your question on water capacity. the Moody 40 (circa 1990) has 274 litres.

You will see that the Moody 38 (circa 1990) and Moody 40 (circa 1990) are fairly different boats, the Moody 38 (circa 2000) is of more similar design to the Moody 40 (circa 1990).

Neither of these models would have been supplied originally with a bow thruster as standard but Moody would have installed one if the first owner wished. Equally a thruster may have been fitted at some later time so many are now found with one.

Peter.

Hi Diego - a late 40 (you don't need the CC - that is a broker's affectation) has a water tank capacity of about 330l. As Peter says, no Moody under 46 or so would have had a bow thruster fitted as standard, although many have them now.

Good luck with your search

Kindest

Neil

Hi Peter and Neil, thank you both very much for your answers and explanations. That's what I needed.
Regarding hull shape and sailing performance, do you know if there are any big difference between 38 (circa 1990)/38 (circa 2000) and 40 (circa 1990)?
Regards,

Diego

Back