ADELANTE
Berth
Hamburg
Boat type
Moody 35
Cruising area
Baltic Sea
Dear Moody Owners

I will go to check a Moody 35 that is located in the med. Its built in 1992 and was most of the time in the water. I am bit scared of the moister meter readings. What do you think will be normal readings in that case? Do you have any experience with moodies around that age and osmosis? I assume the hull is full laminated, not sandwich?

Thanks everyone for their answers

Kind regars

Laurin

Hi Laurin,

An acceptable moisture meter reading varies with the make of moisture meter, thee prevailing weather, the length of time the boat has been out of the water and probably a few other things I'm not aware of. Personally, I am only interested in moisture meter readings if they have been taken by someone who has been using the instrument for some time to become familiar and uses that instrument regularly. Even then, I'm more interested in that individuals interpretation of the readings than the actual numbers.

In my experience, there are not many competent moisture meter users outside the professions of shipwright and ship surveyor.

As I am not an experienced user oof a moisture meter and don't even know what make of meter you are referring to, I'm afraid I can't help with "normal" readings.

Peter

Back