• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Panel mount.

Clive Roberts

Clive Roberts
Boat name
CHARISMA
Berth
Bangor North Wales
Boat type
Moody 34
Cruising area
Irish Sea
I'm looking for the panel mount connection that goes between the extension cable from a Standard Horizon GX 1500 and the remote mike RAM +. I've tried Standard a couple of times, but no reply. Anyone changed radios recently ?

Clive.

Just to clarify, I think you mean the external socket for the remote mike unit?
I very much doubt they are a S-H-unique item, and it could be worth a trawl through the RS Components website if S-H can't help you. This specific section of the website looks a good place to start.

The panel mount for the Eclipse GX1500 is made up of three parts. There is the cable with the larger socket on the end, a faceplate and a rubber cap.

Search the internet for S8101512 and you will find the cable part at a few suppliers

Try JG Tech or here..
Seamarknunn standard-horizon-s8101512-original-cable-for-cmp25b-cmp30b-vh-310-8997

Seamark Nunn also show the faceplate and the cap on their website.

Seamarknunn.com Standard-Horizon-Bulkhead-Holder-Plate-for-S8101512-Cable

Picture of all the parts below for example (ignoring the actual RAM model)

Screenshot_20220321-225452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you both for your suggestions. Looking at the Seamark sit there are two cables for this job. Unfortunately Cactus have sent me the wrong one despite assuring me after a query that this was the only one. I'm getting there quietly !

Update. Contacted Cactus, they are replacing the cable for the correct one.
Thanks again.
Clive.

One cable is the extension cable and the other is the one that makes up the panel mount socket. It's the latter that is included with the actual RAM kit.

Back