Wanted Replacement half drum for a Furlex Type B Mk2 - Request closed, used furling drum now received

Grant King

Grant King
After some overenthusiastic levering with a screwdriver I managed to break the spring finger one one of the half drums on the Furlex fitted to my Moody 35. Just wondered if anyone had an old spare half drum available for sale. I'm assuming that because of its age (1993) there are no new spares available.

Relevant part numbers are:
  • 539-008 Line Drum Half
  • 591-270 Label Drum Half
  • 539-008 Line Drum Kit (I assume the kit is the half drum + the label)
The attached photographs show the offending part in its broken condition

Many thanks
Grant

Attachments

Last edited:

Peter Wright

Peter Wright
Boat name
WILD THYME
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
Hi Grant,

I don't have one, but those riggers who are natural hoarders tend to keep bits from old furlers they have replaced with shiny new ones for customers. I guess that's the most likely source.

Peter.

Grant King

Grant King
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the suggestion, I had the same thought and am slowly working my way round the local riggers; somebody somewhere is bound to have one.
Best regards
Grant

Ian Devonald

Ian Devonald
Boat name
SELENE
Berth
Rhu Clyde / Brae Shetland
Boat type
Moody 31
Cruising area
Clyde / Shetland
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the suggestion, I had the same thought and am slowly working my way round the local riggers; somebody somewhere is bound to have one.
Best regards
Grant
Hi Grant , I have a complete drum ( no label ) that you can have . Not sure whats its worth , thinking £35 plus postage - £40 total . Drum.jpg