Moody 33 Wanted Moody 33 MK1 or 2

Ben Sherratt

Ben Sherratt
Temporary Member
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 33. I'm getting back into sailing after a 15 year gap and will be doing my RYA CC/DS courses in the coming months and think the 33 would be a great boat to build confidence on. My parents (seasoned sailors) are retiring this year and it would also be a good cruiser to spend their time on.

I have a budget of around £15k. I'm not expecting to get one in tip-top condition but I plan to have this boat in my family for a long time and as long as she sails I'm happy to upgrade and personalise over time. I have scoured the internet and seen everything out there and know there are some good ones on the market. I have/will be reaching out to those ones but also wanted to access the hive mind of this forum to see if anyone has any leads.

I'm based in Burnham OC on the East Coast of England so boats around here and on the South Coast would be ideal for viewing/delivering but also happy to travel for the right boat.

All the best,

Ben
benjs86@gmail.com

Last edited:

Barry Cundy

Barry Cundy
Boat name
SUMMER WINE
Berth
Cruising No Fixed Abode
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
Uk, Brittany, Biscay
Hi Ben,
Have you looked at the Moody 33 Mk1 that is advertised at just less than £15k further down the page;

regards Barry

Ben Sherratt

Ben Sherratt
Temporary Member
Hi Ben,
Have you looked at the Moody 33 Mk1 that is advertised at just less than £15k further down the page;

regards Barry
Hi Barry,

Yes, aside from being in Northern Ireland she's the perfect fit! Alas, having been in touch with Rich there is already a sale pending.

Many thanks,

Ben

Barry Cundy

Barry Cundy
Boat name
SUMMER WINE
Berth
Cruising No Fixed Abode
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
Uk, Brittany, Biscay
Apologies Ben,
I saw the berth as Poole on this site, I didn’t open up the link which says NI!

Happy boat hunting
BR Barry