Moody 38 (90s) Wanted Moody 38

Andy Fairbanks

Andy Fairbanks
Temporary Member
Hi Everyone!

We are looking for a Mid 90’s Moody 38 to have new adventures in. We’ve been sailing for years now with our Hustler 30 and the time to go for something larger is now upon us.

We thought we’d try here to see if anyone is looking to sell a Moody 38.

I know there are other similar boats out there (we’ve assessed them all!) but it’s really only a Moody 38 we want.

if you have a Moody 38 you are looking to sell please message me.

Many thanks

Amy and Andy

Andy Fairbanks

Andy Fairbanks
Temporary Member
There was an ad in Jan not sure if you've seen it https://www.moodyowners.info/thread...autopilot-and-rigging-moored-in-the-uk.18829/

Also Ipswich haven marine has one for sale that looks to be in nice condition from the outside
Thanks for the info! I noticed this after I posted my wanted message so I’ve emailed the broker in the link to see if she’s still available. Although it’s a quite a distance from where we live. However, the specs look good and we think we’ll view it depending on all this lockdown stuff.

I’ve also been talking to the broker for the Ipswich one too. So hopefully we’ll get a bit more information about that one too.

Steve Maslin

Steve Maslin
Boat name
GUDITTA
Berth
Greece
Boat type
Moody 38 (90s)
Cruising area
Greece
Hi Everyone!

We are looking for a Mid 90’s Moody 38 to have new adventures in. We’ve been sailing for years now with our Hustler 30 and the time to go for something larger is now upon us.

We thought we’d try here to see if anyone is looking to sell a Moody 38.

I know there are other similar boats out there (we’ve assessed them all!) but it’s really only a Moody 38 we want.

if you have a Moody 38 you are looking to sell please message me.

Many thanks

Amy and Andy
Hi, Please feel free to message me at gudittasailboat@gmail.com and happy to have a chat around your search for a Moody 38!, Thanks Steve

Nick Record

Nick Record
Boat name
SUMMERSONG
Berth
Chichester
Boat type
Moody 38
Cruising area
South Coast UK
Hi Andy
We currently have our Moody 38 (Summersong) on the market with Waterside Boats. We keep her in Chichester Harbour, absolutely love her but a family of teenagers making spending time aboard less easy !
happy to answer any questions you have on Moody 38s generally too.
Jen

Andy Fairbanks

Andy Fairbanks
Temporary Member
Hello everybody!

First I want to thank everyone who has contacted us with offers of support and information in our quest to find a Moody 38. We did stray and looked at the Moody 36 but we found them to be just a bit on the small side for our needs. This only served to re-enforce that our decision around the Moody 38 was the right one.

So, we have now found a wonderful example of the Moody 38 and have had our offer accepted. So we are now embarking on the purchase process and will be proud Moody 38 owners soon!

Again thank you to everyone... It's these forums that make all the difference when purchasing and looking after a boat!

Andy and Amy