• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Cabin Door Handles/Knobs Fittings from Moody 38CC

Boat name
MRS BEAR
Berth
Portland Marina
Boat type
Moody 38 (90s)
Cruising area
SW Coast
I changed all the cabin door handles on our 1995 Moody 38CC to low-profile handles and as such, I have all the fittings - 7 sets, 4 with locks. Would think they fit most Moody doors. Open to offers and happy to send anywhere if you cover the postage.

Happy to sell singles too

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Have had some taken already - latest is 3 lockable (2 with a bit of corrosion on base but totally functional) and one plain (no lock)

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 237
Hi there are any of these left? Just looking for one, ideally lockable but could take a few as spares. Please let me know.
All the best,
Paul

Hi Paul yes the 4 in the latest picture remain - 3 lockable and one plain

I changed all the cabin door handles on our 1995 Moody 38CC to low-profile handles and as such, I have all the fittings - 7 sets, 4 with locks. Would think they fit most Moody doors. Open to offers and happy to send anywhere if you cover the postage.

I'm having a problem removing a door handle similar to those you have for sale. How do you remove them from the door please?

Hi Jeff

I'd be interested to see your new handles in situ, any chance of a photo of your installation ?

Thanks
Graham

Morning All

I have had my Moody 38 for about 6 months and don't understand my door handles and locks

The lockable side of the handle is on the outside of both heads - I would expect them to be on the inside for obvious reasons

I am wondering if the previous owner has removed and replaced the wrong way round - how are others handles installed ?

Also on the heads door by the galley there is a door catch bracket without anything that could possibly go into it (and why would it) so I am thinking doors may have been swapped around ??

Again does anyone else have this ?

Thanks
Graham

Attachments

• 20231022_140853.jpg
    20231022_140853.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Hi Graham
wonder if your question should be moved into the general tech section rather than interfering with Geoff's thread, but nonetheless as I was cruising the ads read your question. I'd say yes they have been swapped. Our 38/90s the door from galley to heads opens into the heads, handle is on the cooker side (port) and hinges on the companionway side, it then secures itself with a latch bracket on back of the door with the mechanism on the heads side wall/against the engine. (Your door has said bracket on the picture) The door on the other side of the heads going into master cabin opens outwards and hinged on the port side so the door rests against the step up to the bunk/against the port wardrobe. But your boat maybe different (?) as maybe not a 90's. Hope it helps, can take pictures if it helps. All best Tim

Hello Tim

Thank you for this information

Seclusion is of 1995 vintage so you would imagine it would be the same.......surely these things are not specified during the build.

I will have a close look at my frames next time I am on and see if they have been modified

The rear en-suite doors both open outwards from the heads, I can see it makes sense for them to open inwards into the heads though our cabin swing is the same as yours, into the cabin

In the front head the saloon door opens inwards to the head, trying to remember what the cabin door does...again I will check at the weekend

I will try to move these posts into the gen tech section though not sure quite how

All the best

Graham

Back