• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Furlex Type B Mark II Line Guard Arm

Neil Walker

Neil Walker
Boat name
BARTI TOO
Berth
Woolverstone
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
East Coast
I am trying to find an obsolete part for my Furlex, the line guard arm has broken and I am trying to find a second hand part. It’s for a 7mm stay. Any opportunity to buy a used part or alternative replacement guidance gratefully received.
MANY THANKS, NEIL

Last edited:
You probably need to put a photo on here. I don't think the wire size is too relevant as it is only the sta-lok type fitting on the bottom that it is important for wire size the arm which I think you are talking about clamps around the base. E bay is probably the best source assuming your furlex is 1990 ish the parts are obsolete.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your help, yes I am keeping my eye on eBay and talking to riggers as the parts are obsolete.

Neil. I recall seeing a furlex drum/parts at a local chandler here over in the states. Not sure what size it was though. I had toyed with buying it just for spares... shoot me a pm and I’ll get their contact Info. Shipping might be cost prohibitive though....

That being said, Are you Sure you really need the arm? How about mounting a fairleed on the pulpit to get the proper departure angle on the furling line...

I am trying to find an obsolete part for my Furlex, the line guard arm has broken and I am trying to find a second hand part. It’s for a 7mm stay. Any opportunity to buy a used part or alternative replacement guidance gratefully received.
MANY THANKS, NEIL
morning if you are still looking ring me 07788528724 gary

Back