• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Lee cloth for Eclipse33, S-L windlass parts - FoC

Robert Wilcox

Robert Wilcox
Boat name
VENTURA
Berth
Cowes
Boat type
Moody DS 41
Cruising area
Western English Channel
Having moved boat last year and now moving house, a massive clearout is needed.
Will supply details if there is interest.
The Lee cloth is original.
The S-L parts were given to me by another member. (Edit: New home found as of 19/Jan/23)
Collection in Bristol is free but also possible with mutually agreed RV between Bristol and Cowes e.g. Chieveley services on the M4/A34 junction.
Cheers
Bob
(mail@ribwilcox.me.uk)

Last edited:
Sent you a PM.
Dave

Hi Bob, Second dibs after Dave please. I'm in Bristol next weekend...
Thanks
Alex

Bob, interested in how the lee cloth fitted as I don’t have one, assuming it was for the port side settee berth, any pics? Currently just wedge into the aft cabin when on passage.
Thanks
Llewelyn

Llewelyn,
Yes - it is for the port side settee berth.
Photo attached
Cheers
Bob
Lee cloth_20230118.jpg

'Best' leecloth design is to fix the leecloth on the outboard side of the bunk, under the cushion and then ensure the fixing points are above and ahead/behind the leecloth to keep it tight, especially the top edge. To spread the load, where it attaches to the bunk, the mechanical fixings need to go through a batten in a pocket sewn into the leecloth or around which the fabric has been wrapped - looks like Bob's has that. Ideally the cloth should be long enough to go from at least your knees to your shoulders, but additional coverage (including your head) is better.

Fixing to the outboard edge gives 2 advantages: Most importantly it acts a bit like a hammock, making it more comfy if you are on the windward side of the boat; secondly, it makes getting in to the lockers below the bunk much easier, as you do not have to pull the leecloth out of thew way and then put it back...! Unfortunately, the one in the picture looks too narrow to do that, so will be fixed to the inboard edge.

Alex
Thanks, that all makes sense and gives me something to ponder on.
Llewelyn

Back