• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale LEWMAR Conduit-Blue, steering tube, new, still 21m available

Erik de Lange

Erik De Lange
Boat name
MIRA
Berth
Vlissingen
Boat type
Moody 376
Cruising area
English Channel, Belgian & Dutch coasts
The original Lewmar Conduit blue
New and unused, ordered too much length a couple of years ago.
Lewmar nr 89100069 16mmØ
suitable for 5mmØ and 6mmØ steel steering cable ( not included).

I still have 21m available.
Typical length needed for a center cockpit Moody is 2x 4 to 5m. (e.g. M376 2x4m).
I would be prepared to cut it in half, making length for 2 boats, 2x 10m roughly.

Usual internet price is a little over 41€ or 34 pounds/m, I propose a 30% discount at 29€ or 25 pounds.

Shipping would be from the EU, so please sort out import duties before, in case delivery would be in the UK or elsewhere outside the EU.
Could be collected in Belgium , The Netherlands or Britanny North Coast.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_164442_1.jpg
    IMG_20220527_164442_1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20220527_164434_3.jpg
    IMG_20220527_164434_3.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20190611_173810.jpg
    IMG_20190611_173810.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20220527_164422_2.jpg
    IMG_20220527_164422_2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 211
Hi Erik,
I'm interested! I need to replace my old red conduits on a Moody 422. 10m should be enough, right? The cables seem in good condition. Would I need anything else other than the conduit. Maybe new fittings?

I'm currently in Italy.

thanks

Hello Arthur
In reply to your questions :

1. 10m seems enough to me, but please try and measure it, as I am not familiar with the lay-out on the M422. Would be a pity to cut off too short...

2. The cable is in good condition indeed. It is brand new and unused.

3. You might need new fittings. 4x identical.
89100116 CONDUIT FITTING 89100116. around 40pounds/45euros each.
I ordered them at Andy's in Plymouth, but I suppose any chandler supplying Lewmar parts can order them for you.
I have none.
I am joining some pictures of the fittings.

4. You might want to replace the inner cable, 5mm or 6mmØ steel cable. You may find it at any well equipped chandler's. Have him make eyes on one side (the side connecting to the little chain on the wheel shaft, under the compass). Make sure this eye is well done, when it gets loose, you have no more steering!
Take car the eye is not too big, as it needs to fit between chain wheel and the steering column, which is rather tight.
(see 4th picture, under the wristwatch)

5. If possible, I would prefer to dispatch to Italy or France (EU), rather than to the UK, avoiding customs hassle. And I would need to sort out which carrier delivers to the UK nowadays, not all do.

If you want to carry on, I suggest to settle details in a private mail.
Cheers Erik

Attachments

• Conduit fitting Lewmar 89100116.jpg
    Conduit fitting Lewmar 89100116.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6786.JPG
    IMG_6786.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_6793.JPG
    IMG_6793.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_6796.JPG
    IMG_6796.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
Hi Erik,
Thanks for the details. I'll try and reply to you by Sunday after I measure it all. I know there is a pulley at bilge level under the pedestal so the conduit needs to be cut for 2 sections and I'll need 8 fittings instead of 4.

Right.
I used a both simple and accurate way of measuring, by disconnecting one of the inner cables at the steering quadrant (on top of the rudder shaft) and pulling is out to the top of the pedestal, with a second line connected to it, so I could pull it back afterwards. It's just a suggestion. If you can reach all sections, you might as well measure alongside the conduit. It doesn't come to a couple of inches accurate.
Good luck!

Hi Erik,

I might be interested as well, please have a look at your private messages ("conversations", the envelope symbol in the top right corner).

Hi Erik

I have sent you a PM, too. Just in case either Ville or Arthur were no longer interested.

regards
Ibon

Hi Erik

Is this still available?

Simon

Hi Erik

Is this still available?

Simon
Simon, sorry for my late reply, I'm sailing the Spanish Atlantic coasts this September, I will be back home end of the month. There is still conduit available, but I can not dispatch before end Sept. When interested pls send me a PM. cheers Erik

Simon, sorry for my late reply, I'm sailing the Spanish Atlantic coasts this September, I will be back home end of the month. There is still conduit available, but I can not dispatch before end Sept. When interested pls send me a PM. cheers Erik
Thanks Erik, I needed it more urgently so have bought some.

The original Lewmar Conduit blue
New and unused, ordered too much length a couple of years ago.
Lewmar nr 89100069 16mmØ
suitable for 5mmØ and 6mmØ steel steering cable ( not included).

I still have 21m available.
Typical length needed for a center cockpit Moody is 2x 4 to 5m. (e.g. M376 2x4m).
I would be prepared to cut it in half, making length for 2 boats, 2x 10m roughly.

Usual internet price is a little over 41€ or 34 pounds/m, I propose a 30% discount at 29€ or 25 pounds.

Shipping would be from the EU, so please sort out import duties before, in case delivery would be in the UK or elsewhere outside the EU.
Could be collected in Belgium , The Netherlands or Britanny North Coast.
i guess this has all gone now but just in case, i'm after some for my 376. I've yet to measure but 8m would seem a typical amount. i can get accurate measurements in a couple of weeks. I'm in scotland. thanks

Hello Graham, have you had an opportunity to estimate the length needed? 8m seems correct , a bit tight perhaps.
Many requests, but no firm commitments so far. So length is available.
Oban remembers me of our last tour around Britain (Before a passport was required), exiting the Caledonian Cnl. Beautiful.
Sorry to have replied with delay, we were sailing in Spain.
Cheers, Erik

Hi erik

Perfect timing. I need 7.5m but (surprisingly) whitlock steering are quoting £25/m and as they’re going to supply new chain links/ end bits, I might as well get it from them. Thanks though Graham

Thank you for your reply, Graham, cannot compete with that. Apparently prices have dropped? It was always around 40 euros/ 35 pounds. I imagine in a package deal it's better - you need the end caps indeed. Good luck with fitting!

Hello just to follow on as im getting some extra steering cable as a spare for my boat. Does it matter if the cable iss 5mm or 6mm will either size fit okay on red conduit?

All blue conduit cable/tube has now been sold.

Back