Moody 29 Looking to buy a Moody 29

Craig Ballingall

Craig Ballingall
Registered Guest
Hi, I've been looking at boats for a long time and have come down to a Moody 29 and a Westerly.. I won't ask questions about the Westerly here though ;)

One of the Moody's I'm looking at seems to be in good nick but needs a lot of updating, it is also the case that the calorifier does not work from the engine and this seems somewhat odd to me and I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm also interested to note if anyone has fitted cabin heating and an electric bilge pump to a 29? The bilge as I've seen it seems to be rather shallow and I wonder where one would go?

Really rather fond of the Moody - did my day sk

Craig, welcome to the MOA.

Whilst we wait for a M29 owner, just some thoughts. Do you know what the engine make and model is, some are easier to add calorifier water heating than others.

The heating won't be a problem and I suggest a look at the Chinese copies of the Webasto ST2000 type. We fitted a genuine one before the copies became available at a fraction of the price. Two days work but that included some GRP work to mount the heater unit.

Also fitting an electric bilge pump isn't a problem because the pump can be remote from the pick up for shallow bilges. Here are two examples, we have one of each:

The engine is the standard Bukh BV20, it's also been in there since the boat was built so may need to be replaced. Thanks for the info on the heating and bilges, I'll take a look

Craig,

this may be of interest:

Back