• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 27 M27 For Sale Ashore North Wales

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs
Boat name
MISTY
Berth
Menai Bridge
Boat type
Moody 27
Cruising area
Irish Sea
A well looked after April 1982 Twin keel M27 currently ashore in North Wales and has not been launched since 2020 due to covid and the Welsh government not opening their borders and more recently family issues.
We have owned “MISTY” since 1995 with two previous owners before, she is well equipped for cruising with a host of recently new and overhauled equipment.
Recent new items include, all standing rigging has been replaced complete with new Furlex headsail roller, running rigging has been replaced as and when necessary, New Jeckells mainsail, although used, is as new with single line reefing back to the cockpit. Recent Stainless Steel Cooker, recent new head along with pipework, all the seacocks have been replaced.
The fuel tank has been removed and cleaned and has alway been kept full.
Genoa age unknown but well maintained and cleaned on a season basis, Cruising chute with snuffer little used, doggers and spray hood all cleaned and maintained/repaired since their last use.
Electronics Raytheon ST2000plus auto pilot and Garmin 128 GPS all interfaced with a Raytheon TriData instrument, VHF is a Navico RT6500, Twin battery installation, Eberspacher D2 heater serviced and always removed for winter storage.
Engine Volvo MD7B 17hp twin cylinder, fully winterised every season in my ownership and not given any issues, a few spares and service parts kept onboard.
CQR Type main anchor with over 100 feet of chain this was all re galvanised a number of years back and is all rust free, fisherman type spare anchor with chain and warp, fenders and warps.
9 Foot Avon inflatable old but in very good condition, Plastimo PR300 ridged dinghy, Suzuki 2.5hp four stroke outboard as new less than 20hrs.
Two Calor Gas bottles in a dedicated locker.

Now the bad stuff, all of the windows are showing their age and new curtains are required, the companionway bulkhead for the bathroom has acquired some mildew and needs a re-varnish.

There may be things I have missed off, we will be sad to see “Misty” go but we have reached a point where we can not longer justify spending money on the upkeep and getting nothing back in return this is all tied in with the hassle of getting over to Wales the amount of traffic etc, insurance companies demanding surveys every few years and the inability to park the car near the mooring.

026.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
036.JPG
048.JPG
047.JPG
044.JPG
038.JPG
tempImage5EqmTy.png
Looking for £15000.00 for this fully equipped well proven 5 berth cruising yacht.

Not sold yet, but a potential buyer has just had a survey done. If you would like to be contacted if not sold I can do, let me know. Thanks.

Back