• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Max-Prop 2 Blade 16” Bronze Feathering Propeller

Howard Stocker

Howard Stocker
Boat name
ZEPHYRINE
Berth
Parkstone YC, Poole
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
South & West, N France, Chanel Isl
Max-Prop Bronze 16” 2 blade feathering propeller previously fitted to a Moody 336 with Volvo 2003 and 1” shaft. Reason for sale new engine and 3 blade propeller currently being installed. The prop is in good condition and has been working efficiently up to present date. This model of prop requires shaft anode protection and annual filling with grease. Supplied with fitting and set up instruction booklet. Weight 6 kG’s. Price £500 . Collect from Poole Dorset or carriage at cost.
zephyrine@sky.com 07870 156789

Attachments

• C7393D57-AB3A-4895-B5BF-C67BD5A366D4.jpeg
    C7393D57-AB3A-4895-B5BF-C67BD5A366D4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 170
  • 75B356BF-A389-4020-A273-7C87F81F8E87.jpeg
    75B356BF-A389-4020-A273-7C87F81F8E87.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
  • BA909948-1C67-4D41-9C60-DF8F39436249.jpeg
    BA909948-1C67-4D41-9C60-DF8F39436249.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
  • 3DAE3F20-E186-46C3-866C-32241450D8A9.jpeg
    3DAE3F20-E186-46C3-866C-32241450D8A9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
Was it the normally aspirated (28hp) or the turbo (43hp) version of the VP2003?

Yes, it was the standard aspirated 28hp.
Regards
Howard

Yes it is the standard aspirated 28 hp
Regards
Howard

H Howard,
Just looking at prop , i have a 336 in christchurch same engine and shaft on a bilge keel. The original two blade prop fitted. Would this fit ? I’m wondering if the actual length to fit over the shaft is greater than the original twin bladed prop.
Mark

Hi Howard Again ,
Just measured prop shaft , I have 97 mm from end of shaft to shaft support . Can’t find any dimensions on the internet regarding fitting length etc . Do you know what space i need ?
Mark

Hi Mark,
I am waiting on my engineer to give me the prop shaft specification that was on my old shaft.
I will get back to you asap.
regards
Howard

Might be interested in old prop shaft if longer , i could also fit a rope cutter then .

Hi Mark,

An alternative way of making space for a rope cutter aft of the P bracket is to fit a 1" spacer in the shaft coupling. R&D Marine (probably the makers of your coupling) make them.

Peter.

Might be interested in old prop shaft if longer , i could also fit a rope cutter then .
Hi Mark, unfortunately my old prop shaft is quite worn in the stern gland area and therefore I don’t think it would be suitable for re-use.
The taper length is 1.8 inches that I understand to be a 1 in 10 taper, the thread size is 5/8 UNC.
I had a rope cutter on my old set up but I’m sorry I am unable to confirm if the Max Prop will fit as it
was already installed when I bought the boat 18 years ago so I can’t confirm if it was the original prop shaft.
Regards
Howard

Many thanks for all the information Howard, props seem to be a very dark art ! I think i will pass as a bit of a leap into the unknown on my part . Hope your new engine and prop serve you well over the season and I will say hello next time I’m in Parkstone YC. Mark

Many thanks for all the information Howard, props seem to be a very dark art ! I think i will pass as a bit of a leap into the unknown on my part . Hope your new engine and prop serve you well over the season and I will say hello next time I’m in Parkstone YC. Mark
If you want to learn more, this is the definitive text...!

or you could just phone up Nick Gifford at Darglow and have a chat -

he will advise based on engine, boat and gearbox as to suitable props.
very knowledgeable

Andy T

Hi, is this prop still for sale?

Hi Stephen
Yes it is still available, can I help you with any questions?
Regards
Howard

Hi Howard,
What does it measure blade tip to tip

Hi Stephen,
Tip to Tip 16 1/4 inches, (413 mm).
Regards
Howard

Hi Mark, unfortunately my old prop shaft is quite worn in the stern gland area and therefore I don’t think it would be suitable for re-use.
The taper length is 1.8 inches that I understand to be a 1 in 10 taper, the thread size is 5/8 UNC.
I had a rope cutter on my old set up but I’m sorry I am unable to confirm if the Max Prop will fit as it
was already installed when I bought the boat 18 years ago so I can’t confirm if it was the original prop shaft.
Regards
Howard
If the prop shaft is 1" then taper would usually be 1 in 12. 1 in 10 more likely for 25mm shaft diameter.

Donald

Hi Howard,
when would be a convenient time to phone you?
Stephen

Hi Stephen, I am home now if you want to call 07870 156789
Regards
Howard

Hi Howard
I will not get the prop for a while but I am glad we could have a deal, enjoy your sail
Hi Stephen, I am home now if you want to call 07870 156789
Regards
Howar

Hi Howard
I will not get the prop for a while but I am glad we could have a deal, enjoy your sail
Hi Stephen,
We arrived in Roscoff yesterday from Poole, 25 hours in a very sloppy sea but we are now ready to continue our Brittany summer cruise. It was a pleasure to meet your friend Martin and I hope you will be satisfied with the Max Prop. I must now get used to my new Feather Stream 3 blader that behaves very differently in reverse to the Max Prop!
Best Regards & Safe Sailing
Howard

Hi Stephen,
We arrived in Roscoff yesterday from Poole, 25 hours in a very sloppy sea but we are now ready to continue our Brittany summer cruise. It was a pleasure to meet your friend Martin and I hope you will be satisfied with the Max Prop. I must now get used to my new Feather Stream 3 blader that behaves very differently in reverse to the Max Prop!
Best Regards & Safe Sailing
Howard
Hi Howard,
I will not further interrupt your holiday but when you return I would be interested, as would others, to hear of your experience with the new prop as compared to the old one,
safe sailing mind the Orcas
Stephen

Back