• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Moody 336 catch

Jon Bell

Jon Bell
Solent Branch Committee
Boat name
WINDSONG
Berth
Gosport
Boat type
Malo 36
Cruising area
South of England
I have a few catches where the return spring has failed - anyone any idea where these can be sourced?

Thanks

Jon

Attachments

• catch.jpg
    catch.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164

Last edited:
Thank you Jeff! Parts now ordered.
Jon

Hi Jon
The original part you have is made by ROCA but their replacement is a slightly different design. It has a key hole shaped pull rather than a D and is also 10mm deep rather than 7mm. A lot of the D shaped alternatives also have a deeper profile and may not fit so it would be worth checking with the supplier. I might be wrong but the ones listed above look like the deeper variety. Fingers crossed your cutouts are deeper than those on my M36. John

Hi Jon
The original part you have is made by ROCA but their replacement is a slightly different design. It has a key hole shaped pull rather than a D and is also 10mm deep rather than 7mm. A lot of the D shaped alternatives also have a deeper profile and may not fit so it would be worth checking with the supplier. I might be wrong but the ones listed above look like the deeper variety. Fingers crossed your cutouts are deeper than those on my M36. John
Sadly you were right John... the supplied parts were deeper and did not fit so still looking :confused:

Back