• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Moody 336 helm guardrail

Peter Buchan

Boat name
CROOKED DOUGAL
Berth
Levington
Boat type
Moody 35
Cruising area
East coast
I have a standard 336 helm guard rail surplus to requirements, may fit other models with a Whitlock helm. £30

Hi Peter, do you have any pictures? I'd like to see if this might fit mine?

Last edited:
James hi
Not yet but will try to post this weekend. I can say the uprights are on 12” centres not the smaller 9” size. I don’t know what the helm on a 33 is, a 336 is I think a Whitlock 5, that is a geared unit with an arm underneath and a control rod to the rudder arm

Hi Peter,
Many thanks. If you do get to the boat this weekend, a photo and some measurements would be great. 12" might be a little wide though. My current set up is just a pedestal with a compass and wheel so I would like to add a grabrail for added stability and something to attach stuff to. Boat is also located in Ipswich so not far from you.

James hi
Photo of helm guard. 12” tube centres. Short leg fits in socket on top of throttle lever housing, long leg fits in socket on cockpit floor

Attachments

• D2D73A01-4B27-4EFA-93DB-95A135B836D6.jpeg
    D2D73A01-4B27-4EFA-93DB-95A135B836D6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133
Hi Peter,
Many thanks. Unfortunately, this isn't quite what I'm looking for. It won't fit without the throttle control at the helm, which I don't have.

Back