Boat name
ROMANTICA
Berth
Amble
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
North East
Hi I wonder if you could help - we are looking to buy a Moody 36 and are looking at one currently that has a problem with the saloon table - the problem appears to be that the "fixings" to hold it up have come free and are inside the actual table. Has anyone come across this problem and if so please could you share your fix.

Thank you

Maria

Hi Maria,

The issue you describe sounds like nothing that a shipwright couldn't fix in a days work. However, if the saloon table has been left in pieces by the vendor, that rather begs the question: what else is wrong with the boat? It seems to me very sloppy to offer a boat for sale in that condition.

Peter.

Hi Maria,
Firstly Peter is absolutely right.
If you want to know how it works, I can tell you that (from memory) that each table leaf draws up underneath it a wooden quadrant which is very firmly attached. This is after releasing it by pulling out the chrome knob on the back of the table. When the leaf is up to horizontal, the knob is released and the rod behind it engages with the quadrant to lock it in position.
The bits and pieces of this are accessible from the aft side of the table after taking out the two drawers.
I wouldn't dream of offering my 36 for sale with something like that not working properly! I suppose if perhaps the owner has passed away and the boat is being sold 'as is', that would be a different matter.

Thanks both I did wonder! This is the second boat we've now seen that we have been disappointed with (pictures not telling the full story) pity really as we are traveling some distance today's was a flight and car hire. Never mind we know we like the 36 very much and the 35 has also caught our eye we will keep looking - anyone in the north east selling?

Good Morning Maria
I am sending you a message as Malcolm and I have decided to sell our much loved 1998 Moody 36 Maihu, she is berthed on the Crinan Canal on the West Coast of Scotland. If you let me have your telephone number/contact details I can give you a call to talk to you about her and answer any questions you may have.
Also you may be interested to look at the club Compass magazine copy number 101 Winter 2018 as I wrote an article about her history.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Diane

Hi thanks for contacting me, we are currently having a survey done on a 36, should this not work out for any reason I will let you know. Good luck they are beautiful boats

Hi thanks for contacting me, we are currently having a survey done on a 36, should this not work out for any reason I will let you know. Good luck they are beautiful boats
Hi Maria
Thanks for getting back to me. Good luck with your survey
Diane

Back