Moody Eclipse 33 Moody pilothouse [motor sailor] WANTED

• Thread starter Ant Stephen
  • Start date
A

Ant Stephen

Hi

I am wanting to buy a Moody Eclipse 33. I understand that at this kind of size it is the only pilothouse/motor sailor Moody do?
As I am intending to sail in west Scotland anything available there would be a bonus but beggars cannot be choosers. I would travel to buy in England/Scotland/Wales though I do not know the easiest or best way to get her moved to Scotland.

If anyone knows of a good boat that even 'may' be for sale, or might be for sail soon, that may well suit me. I have seen a few that are currently on the internet but I thought I would ask here as this must be the best place to ask.

I look forward to owning my Moody and joining this and the Scottish branch of MOA soon

Cheers for now
Anthony

Hi
Dream catcher looks fine. I do need a inside steering position unfortunately. Thanks for reply though.
Anthony
Tel07790103817
noanchorz@gmail.com

Hi Anthony,

I can't help with finding the boat you want but, once you've found her, if she's anywhere in the UK, the best way to get her to Scotland is to sail her.

Peter.

p.s. Moody also built an Eclipse 38 and a few Eclipse 43, which are similar pilot house designs, but bigger - you can see details in the Moody Archive on this site. To get there, go to the home page then look for the link towards the bottom on the left hand side. P.

Last edited:
Great boat for Scotland, sail her there, best way to get to know the boat.

Hi
I am quite rusty and wouldnt fancy taking that risk in the early days. Perhaps I could get delivery guys who could sail her though.
Two of the boats that were on the internet have been sold and the one that is still on there is not returning phone calls it seems.
So if you know of a boat that may be available I would be very grateful.

Back