• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Navy blue canvas patch

James Byford

James Byford
Boat name
SILICON DREAM
Berth
Ipswich
Boat type
Moody 33 MkII
Cruising area
East & South Coast
Hello,

I'm doing some refurbishment of my dodgers (not yet tackled the sprayhood and stackpack) and I have one eyelet missing, which appears to have been ripped out. I need to put a patch of canvas on first, to strengthen the area, before putting on a new eyelet.

I also have a small rip in one which could do with a small patch cover.

Does anybody have any old, navy blue canvas they have lying around which they have replaced, but not yet thrown away? I'm after a few patches, about 5 inches square.

Happy to pay for postage.

TIA
James.

Attachments

• IMG-20230914-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230914-WA0003.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 85
Sailmakers usually also make dodgers and spray hoods. You may find one locally that has an oddments bin of leftovers.

Sailmakers usually also make dodgers and spray hoods. You may find one locally that has an oddments bin of leftovers.
Yes, I did think that. Will be my next stop, although I'm based in London so limited options.

Unless you know the manufacturer of the materiel and its colour it may not be Navy Blue. Most sailmakers will sell you a small offcut but there are a surprising amount of Blues from each manufacturer looking at photos doesn't help much.

Mark

Hi Mark,
I had the same thoughts and have no idea who the manufacturer was, however, I'm half hoping most navy blues will be similar enough, and a second hand patch may be faded enough to blend in more than new.

James.

James, I have my old Kemps manuctured blue sailstacker. Was keeping it in case it was useful for repairs or making outboard cover,etc. I have cut an 18" square of the material and will post it to you. I see your email address in the Handbook and will send an email. Micky

You could request samples from manufactureres

Back