• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Parasailor / gennaker / asymmetric spinnaker - for Moody 38 (1990s)

Tom Marriott

Boat name
LUINGA
Berth
Sutton Harbour
Boat type
Moody 38 (90s)
Cruising area
Plymouth
Hi all,

May be a a long shot, but I'm looking for a light air / downwind sail for our M38, 1993 build year.

We're in discussions with sailmakers about new sails, but thought I'd ask on here just in case anyone has one second hand as well.

Many thanks,
Tom

Tom I have Sent you a message

rgds Mike Neave

Happy new year all, still looking and just bumping this thread to see if anyone else has one for sale.

Many thanks,
Tom

I have an asymmetric I want to sell. It was made for a dufour 385. I will dig it out of loft and measure luff and foot for you

I will dig it out. I have had it for fifteen years but haven't used it in the last thirteen! I kept it when I sold the last boat and it is too small for my grenadier. It is in excellent condition... probably used it about 10 times since new. Will get it out of loft and measure and send photos. Hope to do this tomorrow... if not mid week its a perfect fit for a dufour 385 if that helps.

I will dig it out. I have had it for fifteen years but haven't used it in the last thirteen! I kept it when I sold the last boat and it is too small for my grenadier. It is in excellent condition... probably used it about 10 times since new. Will get it out of loft and measure and send photos. Hope to do this tomorrow... if not mid week its a perfect fit for a dufour 385 if that helps.
Hi Julian, that sounds good. Photos and measurements would be great as well as knowing who made it and if it's designed for any specific wind angles.

Is it just the sail (and possibly a bag) for sale?

We have agreed to buy the sail that Mike (above) messaged me about as that includes a snuffer and genoa tack attachment. The luff of the actual sail is possibly a little long for our boat however, so if yours is slightly smaller - we would still be very interested and may still take it off your hands as well.

Will wait for your next message. Thanks, Tom

Back