• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Volvo Penta 2003

Edwin Wood

Edwin Wood
Boat name
MOODY MOOSE
Berth
Woodbridge
Boat type
Moody 31 MkII
Cruising area
East Coast
Volvo Penta Cylinder Head Complete with New Injector Sleeves and Refurbished Injectors. Pipework for Raw Water Cooling and Exhaist Elbow Contact Edwin Wood 07985472252 or Emsail edwin.s.wood@gmail.com Offers over £250

Hi Edwin - long shot, but did this raw water engine have a take off for a calorifier?

I’m looking for the crossover tube that goes from the thermostat to the exhaust elbow but with an outlets (hope that makes sense).

Thanks,
Adam

Yes it has this on it and it did have a calorifier attached

At the moment I would only be interested in supplying the whole unit . I will also have other parts to dispose of such as starter moment fuel lift pump and raw water pump. I had just had the head removed and new injector sleeves and injectors valves checked and when reinstalled it was found that the engine block was cracked and leaking. As I have obtained another Volvo Penta 2003 with a heat exchanger and fresh water cooling I now have usable parts available from my old engine

Thanks for your interest

Edwin

Hi Edwin - long shot, but did this raw water engine have a take off for a calorifier?

I’m looking for the crossover tube that goes from the thermostat to the exhaust elbow but with an outlets (hope that makes sense).

Thanks,
Adam
Hi Adam
I have had another thought I may have the pipe you are looking for with my replacement engine. I will be able to visit the boat next week and will contact you after that if I do have the part spare.

Edwin Wood

Hi Edwin,

Thanks - that would be great. The pipe on your new engine will unlikely have a take off for a calorifier but it could stand in for the one you take of your head for sale. Allowing you to sell as a package, and sell me the pipe :)

Picture of the crossover with take off for calorifier below for reference!

Thanks,
Adam

20F6DE8B-C7F4-4128-9A40-0BCF745933FE.jpeg

Hi Adamy
I can remove the pipe fitting from the cylinder head that I am selling if you are prepared to make a reasonable offer for this part. I can post it or you can collect from Woodbridge . You can call me on 01394 388987 or 07985472252
Edwin Wood

Hi Edwin,

That’s great thank so much. I will give you a call tomorrow if that’s OK ?

Regards,
Adam

Hi Adam
I have had another thought I may have the pipe you are looking for with my replacement engine. I will be able to visit the boat next week and will contact you after that if I do have the part spare.

Edwin Wood
Hi Adam
Yet another thought If you cut the straight tube into two short lengths and use rubber or silicone hose to attach to each short length and divert the water that way . You will probably need to put a rigid strap between the two to hold them in place. the jubilee clips should allow this. As I have a straight tube that is not needed you could have this to try it out rather than destroy your tube.
Edwib

Hi Edwin,

Yes I've seen some people modify with some 16mm plumbing fittings! How much would you like for it?

I'm still crossing my fingers that you find the original! :)

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Edwin,

That’s perfect - I’ll send you my address via personal message. You may want to do the same and delete your bank details as this is an open post!

Regards,
Adam

Yes do that I will send the tube this week to you I did reply to your email but it seems that it ceates a message saying i must reply through the Moody owners site
I have got your address and please delee ref to my bank account if you have made a note of them
Thanks
Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Received pipe, and have transfered you the cash. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Adam

Yes do that I will send the tube this week to you I did reply to your email but it seems that it ceates a message saying i must reply through the Moody owners site
I have got your address and please delee ref to my bank account if you have made a note of them
Thanks
Edwin

Back