Boat name
SHAMROCK
Berth
Blackwater Sailing Club
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
Blackwater
Does anyone know the width and length of the rear cabin bed on the Moody 346 and 3? We are 2 tall adults and its hard to find the actual dimensions anywhere
Thanks
Steve

Coincidentally I have the dimensions at home to make a fitted bottom sheet. 6 foot long, 6 foot across the head end tapering down at 2 feet to 45 inches and another 2 feet to 38 inches and finally 2 feet across the foot end. Hope this helps.
Clive.

Many thanks Clive
Are the 346 and 35 rear beds the same size? I am surprised it tapers to only 2ft at the foot end?

Sounds worse than it is, the hull curve is tighter nearer the foot. Anyway, play footsie.

For the Moody 35, the rear bed can be made slightly longer (also wider if desired) by extending it, I have seen this on a few M35. As one needs to leave room for the heads door, this could be done a bit asymmetrically (see photo; there, also an extra storage cabinet was added below the bed).

On the other hand, while the length has a "hard limit" for the M34/M346 due to the wall/bulkhead, some owners have added the option of "sleeping across" by adding an infill; this is described in some other forum thread.

M35 extended bed.jpg

Ah, just noticed that Steve might not have access to other forums; so, I hope David L (iirc) won't mind if I repost his M34/M346 solution here:

M34_M346_aft_bed_mod.jpg

Back