Moody 376 Moody 376: Is it suitable for sailing to New Zealand

• Thread starter Martin VanRijswijk
  • Start date
M

Martin VanRijswijk

We are looking at a Moody 376 as an option for bluewater sailing. We plan to do the US coastline up and into Alaska, and then across the Pacific home to New Zealand. Noting that is a capable cruiser, is a Moody 376 a realistic option for these types of offshore ventures?

Hi Martin, I have no definitive answer but I'm in interested in others opinions also as I am also looking at a 376 for extended shorthanded BW cruising. I've not heard anything bad said about the boat as long as you get a well maintained one. All of my investigations lead me to believe it's a strong comfortable boat which would suit my purposes perfectly in terms of VFM vs capability.

That said, I've been watching a lot of YT videos of other people doing long distance sailing and they are doing it in all sorts of vessels from rowing boats to superyachts, so as long as you have some skills, keep a weather eye out and know the boat inside out then I guess it would be ok.

I'll keep an eye on your thread to see if any more experienced owners can offer any advice.

Thanks Stephen
Like you, my wife and have been watching lots of youtubes and undertaking lots of research. I agree, there are all manner of boats sailing the world, ranging from some very humble vessels to very impressive, but expensive ones. Im still keen to hear from anyone who has any further insights into the Moody 376

Back