Moody 38 (2000s) Moody owners in France?

Adam Garbo

Temporary Member
Hi all,

My wife and I recently moved from Canada to Les Sables d'Olonne on the west coast of France. We plan to purchase a sailboat within the next several months and are actively exploring the European boat market.

We weren't previously familiar with Moodys, but they quickly secured a place on our shortlist of potential boats. I also found the Moody Boat Archive to be a valuable resource and spent a considerable amount of time reviewing the specifications of various models.

We are particularly interested in the Moody 38 (2000s), 40 and 42 (2000s) but more than anything we are keen to step foot on any Moody we can find.

We are curious, are there any Moody owners nearby, or passing through Les Sables d’Olonne that would be happy to give us a tour of their vessel and to have a chat? We are also potentially willing to travel along the western or northern coast of France. I may also find myself in Southampton towards the end of August, so if there are any owners in that area, that could be an option as well.

Cheers,
Adam & Annika

Hello Adam & Annika and a warm welcome to the Association.

You may have seen on the MOA website that we have a France Atlantique Chapter covering your area. The Chapter Captain is Bob Tufnell who can be contacted on france.atlantique@moodyowners.org. In addition to any response you may recieve from your request, he may be able to assist in your request to view the Moody yachts that you have identified.

If you are in the Southhampton area in late August, the Solent Branch Captain is Andy Billowes (solentcaptain@moodyowners.org).

All the best,

Chris

Hi all,

My wife and I recently moved from Canada to Les Sables d'Olonne on the west coast of France. We plan to purchase a sailboat within the next several months and are actively exploring the European boat market.

We weren't previously familiar with Moodys, but they quickly secured a place on our shortlist of potential boats. I also found the Moody Boat Archive to be a valuable resource and spent a considerable amount of time reviewing the specifications of various models.

We are particularly interested in the Moody 38 (2000s), 40 and 42 (2000s) but more than anything we are keen to step foot on any Moody we can find.

We are curious, are there any Moody owners nearby, or passing through Les Sables d’Olonne that would be happy to give us a tour of their vessel and to have a chat? We are also potentially willing to travel along the western or northern coast of France. I may also find myself in Southampton towards the end of August, so if there are any owners in that area, that could be an option as well.

Cheers,
Adam & Annika
We are in Greece Preveza
There’s a moody 42 for sail in the Ionian marina on the hard row m I think give the marina a call I think it’s advertised hope this is of interest

Thank you, @Chris Allcock, for the welcome and for directing us to the local Chapters. We will definitely contact the Chapter Captains by email.

We also appreciate the heads up, @Julie Collins, regarding the Moody 42 in Greece. We haven't been able to find the boat listed online but will reach out to Ionion Marine to inquire.

Cheers,
Adam

Back