Moody Eclipse 33 Would it be possible to view your Eclipse 33 Mk I or Mk II

Reece Lea

Registered Guest
Most of my sailing is around the North Wales coast and now knocking on for 70 years of age, the Moody Eclipse 33 has caught my eye to replace my old boat. I've looked at endless photos and videos online (Moodies only;)) but before I start my search I would really like to be introduced to an Eclipse from the owners point of view.
Are there any members on mainland UK that would kindly show me around their Eclipse and maybe give me some pointers to look out for during my journey.
Many thanks to any member who is willing to help.
Kindest regards
Reece

Where do you live? Eclipses are all around the country so you wouldn't have to travel far to look at one.
They are great boats but unlike any conventional boat as at 10m they do not have lots of berths. The main double is in the bows and at 5'10" I sleep diagonally across the aft double with my dog taking up most of the space for 2 normal sized humans it is tight.
The Mk1 can have the table dropped to form a nice long double and has internal wheel steering as well as the cockpit wheel. The internal wheel is small and needs lots of turns lock to lock. The Mk11 has the table fixed and internal steering by autopilot. There are also 3 types of in mast reefing depending on the age. If you are serious about one it might be worth upgrading to full membership so that you can view all the questions and defects on this forum.
Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for all the information. We live in North Wales and own a camper van, hence the late reply (we've just been away for a couple of days). We're happy to visit anywhere in the UK to look at a Mk1 or Mk11. I've read a few reviews and they sound like a lovely boat, but I would really like to see one in the flesh and have a chat with the owner(s) regarding any inherent (if any) problems to look out for, but I do take your point re joining as a member rather then a guest and I'll probably go ahead and do that.
All the best
Reece

Hi Reece
Happy to show you round my Mk1, based in Southampton, if you’re in the area let me know.

Hi Karl.
That's great, thank you. Liz and I are out sailing in Greece until Sunday. Home Sunday night and then probably busy catching up on jobs until Wendesday. If it suits you we could arrange to meet Wed, Thurs or Fri next week, if not we'll do our best to fit in with your plans.
All the best.
Reece

Hello again Karl.
Thinking on, it would be better if we were to come down during the Boat Show, probably the second week and have a mini holiday thrown in, if that doesn't inconvenience you too much?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Reece.

Back