Moody 422/425 WTB Moody 422

• Thread starter Lois Ledu
  • Start date
L

Lois Ledu

Hi,

I'm looking for a Moody 422 or 425 (i don't understand what is the actual difference between these 2) in order to sail through Mediterranean. Does anyone know any moody available for sale in South of France or Spain ?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Loïs

Hi Louis,
as far as I know is the only (?) difference that you can enter the port aft heads from both sides (the aft cabin and the galley).
Not sure whether the 422 came with inmast furling or with slab reefing main.
The 422 and early 425 had the T98 engine, later 425 the slightly bigger T110 Thornyvroft.
Rgds
Frank

Hi Lois,

The Moody 425 is just a later evolution of the Moody 422, the principle differences being in the layout of the aft cabin. In fact, the same hull design was used for 4 models: the 41, the 419, the 422 and the 425. One of the earlier steps changed the mainmast rig to replace the babystay with forward lower shrouds and, I think with the 422, a sugar scoop with bathing platform and ladder was added, making the boat a bit longer overall.
details of the changes down below can be found in the Moody Archive, accessed by going to the MOA home page (click on the burgee at the head of this page), where you will find a link towards the bottom on the left hand side. You can find photos of various different Moodys in the Moody Pictures Library.

The best way to find what is currently for sale, anywhere in the world, is to use Google - this also will bring you plenty of photos of the boats.

Peter.

Back