• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Sold SOLD - Victron Energy SmartSolar Bluetooth charge controller MPPT 75/15

Andy Fairbanks

Andy Fairbanks
Boat name
KINGFISHER
Berth
Dartmouth
Boat type
Moody 38 (90s)
Cruising area
South West
Hi Everyone,

I thought I’d offer here before I put it on the wilderness that is eBay!

I have for sale a Victron Energy Solar smart charge controller. The model number is MPPT 75/15. I have this as a brand new spare as I ordered 2 in error and never got round to sending it back (Yeah I know). Full details of the controller capability can be found here MPPT 75/15 smart controller.

I have one of these installed on my own boat a Moody 38 with a 100watt panel and it performs brilliantly to top up my batteries. I also have an installation video I put together Sailing on a Moody - Solar Upgrade and Install

I’m looking for £40 this includes postage.

Many thanks

Andy
IMG_9706.jpeg

IMG_9707.jpeg

Andy, yes please. I will send you a message. We are also playing around with "wing" panels to give a bit of a boost to the arch panels in either inclement weather or early late season. I want to have a MPPT for each side rather than wire in parallel because the solar power will always be different from side to side.

Regards Pete

Last edited:
Good deal Andy - we have two of the same and are very happy with them.

Andy, yes please. I will send you a message. We are also playing around with "wing" panels to give a bit of a boost to the arch panels in either inclement weather or early late season. I want to have a MPPT for each side rather than wire in parallel because the solar power will always be different from side to side.

Regards Pete

I know this is within the for sale section Pete so I'll keep it short but we've done exactly as you describe, 2 x 90W panels (bolted together so effectively a 180W panel) on both sides each with a separate 75/15 MPPT. We are very pleased with their output and the ability to tilt the panels helps a lot.

Ours is a bit of a "Blue Peter" experiment. Long but narrow panels are available but rare and I wanted this so the panel can hang from the guard rail and not rest against the hull when folded down. Held on the guard rails with a pair of upside down aluminium coat hooks gently closed up a bit with a vice. The support arm is a Wickes adjustable paint roller handle with an e bay 6mm S/S ball joint and another coat hook. If it works this summer we will buy a second for the other side and consider a permanent S/S rail to mount them on.

The side dodgers are coming to end of life but we may use solar panels instead to give a bit of weather protection and privacy.

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 110w.jpg
    110w.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 50

Regards Pete

Item now sold - I’ve sent the Solar Charger to you today and emailed you.

Back