• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Urgently need a Mainsheet Car end cap for Lewmar size 2

Barry Voysey

Barry Voysey
Boat name
LIONA
Berth
Wicormarine, Portchester
Boat type
Moody 336
Cruising area
Solent
Hi
Supposed to be doing round the island race Saturday

posting this here on the chance that someone local might have an old lewmar mainsheet car sat within their spares box or just a spare end cap.

I was out sailing today and a corner of an end cap has chipped off as a result the balls all fell out and the car popped off.

So am after an end cap

I'm in North East Hampshire. 079933114108

Fingers crossed I can find one or do a bodge with some epoxy.

Thanks

Barry

Best bet would be Ocean chandlery in Emsworth. They hold lots of Lewmar stock and have been very helpful in the past. Good luck.

@John Harris Thanks think I am sorted now thanks to the eBay seller Mainly Lewmer Spares based Saltash ... one of my crew for the weekend could drive that way when heading over so he will pick up tomorrow AM. Had been on the Ocean Chandlery website but they didn't have the correct size end caps.

I too have been cheerfully helped by the Saltash supplier when searching for a discontinued halyard clutch, he is very helpful and knowledgeable. This is a refreshing change in these days of awful service from various computers and phone answering machines!

Back