• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Wanted. Jabsco, Sensor-max 14 water pump

Tom Marriott

Boat name
LUINGA
Berth
Sutton Harbour
Boat type
Moody 38 (90s)
Cruising area
Plymouth
Hi all,

We currently live onboard and would like to carry a spare fresh water pump. I've emailed Jabsco about a suitable modern alternative to our current pump and they informed me that they no longer manufacture a variable speed pump and that the modern equivalent would require the fitting of an accumulator.

I thought I'd put a post up on the off chance that someone has a spare that is no longer required.... fingers crossed.

I've attached a photo of the exact model we have installed.

Thank you,
Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-16-16-63_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-16-16-63_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Hi Tom,

We use a sensor max and are very happy with it, but no surplus pump I'm sorry. I think it didn't sell at all well because those who have never had one didn't understand how much better it is than the single speed Par-max pumps, and it was considerably more expensive than them.

Peter.

Hi Tom,

We use a sensor max and are very happy with it, but no surplus pump I'm sorry. I think it didn't sell at all well because those who have never had one didn't understand how much better it is than the single speed Par-max pumps, and it was considerably more expensive than them.

Peter.
Hi Peter, thanks for the message. We are also very happy with ours, it's near silent unless you are demanding a lot of water from it. It's great.

If anyone has a variable speed pump that they believe is a direct replacement for the Jabsco unit, we would also be interested in that.

Flojet R4320143A came up as a suggested suitable alternative after a quick Google, but again it's not available to buy new unfortunately.

Thank you,
Tom

Back